Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!
This recipe is something that my family has always made. We call it Pistachio Pudding Salad, my husband calls it “Green Fluff” and I’ve recently found out the universal name is Watergate Salad. It’s always made in my family for the major holidays. And now for Huzzy’s birthday, too. This is one of his most favorite things ever.
1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 small can of crushed pineapple
1 8oz tub of Cool Whip (double everything else if if you use the larger tub)
1 12oz bag of colored mini-marshmallows (white will do, but there is a definite taste difference)
1 can of stemless Maraschino cherries (size is up to your preference)
1. Drain crushed pineapple, setting juice aside in a cup.
2. Place the pudding mix in a medium to large bowl. Add in enough pineapple juice to make a paste.
3. Thoroughly mix in Cool Whip. Be careful not to over-mix.
4. Fold in marshmallows.
5. Add in Maraschino cherries, either whole or sliced in half, leaving a handful for garnish.
6. Garnish the top of the salad with the rest of the Maraschino cherries.
Enjoy! Let me know if you make this and how you like it. I’ve found that many
in the Pacific Northwest have never heard of this, but it’s a staple in the Midwest… or at least Michigan!