Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
I will be crossing things off my list and putting the date I did these as I go. I have until 2017 to get these done.
35 Things I Want to Do/Experience before I Turn 35
- Try windsurfing at least once.
- Find a geoduck on the shore. Maybe even touch it.
- Visit Japan.
- Have a baby.
Buy a house with Huzzy.Completed April 5, 2011
- Become debt free, except for a mortgage.
Have three months’ worth of expenses in our savings account.Completed March 2012
- Visit Western Canada.
- Visit Hawaii.
- Go kayaking on saltwater.
- Experience shipboard life for a minimum of two weeks.
- Run a 5K.
- Run a 10K.
Take a photography class.Completed May 12, 2012 Startand finish my Master’s Degree. Started January 14, 2013… estimated completion December 2015.
- Take a flight lesson and fly a plane.
- Skydive (preferably not while I’m flying a plane).
- Pay for a military family’s meal (a family I don’t know and without them knowing who I am) while out at a restaurant.
- Start learning a third language.
- Keep a well-tended garden and can/freeze the results (unless we eat it all raw and fresh!).
- Go on a honeymoon with Huzzy.
Have a standing monthly game night with friends. Started doing this January 2013
- Go on a cruise (and no, a Navy ship DOES NOT count for this one LOL).
Find a church both Huzzy and I are comfortable in.Completed December 24, 2011 (revisiting this)
- Tour the White House.
Have 3 percent of my paycheck go straight to retirement for at least a year (I currently only do 1-2%).Completed March 26, 2013
- Be comfortable enough again to be proud to wear a bikini at the beach.
- Get an “Excellent” score on all PRT scores in the same cycle. (edited October ’11 due to change in PRT categories)
- Get an “Outstanding” in at least one PRT score.
- Volunteer enough to get a star to add to my Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal (MOVSM).
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Visit Europe… anywhere in Europe.
Get a good, solid job.Completed March 26, 2012
- Become proficient enough to earn a marksman ribbon in both the pistol and the rifle.
- Start writing a book.