Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
~Winnie the Pooh
It’s time for the Thursday Thirteen again. If you have a Thursday Thirteen of your own, leave your website in the comments section and I’ll try my darndest to visit it 🙂
13 Random Thoughts
- I suddenly looked down the other day and noticed that our 17 month old Great Pyrenees puppy is no longer a puppy. He’s filled out and is totally boxy now instead of lean and lanky. It happened pretty much overnight
(which is probably why he’s limping… they do that when they have huge growth spurts). My puppy is gone! But at least he’s replaced by a majestic, regal dog.
- Why do people insist on being stupid? Ignorant I can deal with but stupid is a whole ‘nother ball game.
- I hope I get gained by my Navy Reserve command in the next few weeks. I’d love to start drilling soon.
- My commissioning ceremony is Saturday. Holy Moley, it’s turned into something huge! Apparently the CO of the recruiting district has made it mandatory for all recruiters in this zone. Probably has something to do with the good connections both my place of work and myself have with him.
- I’m terrified that I’m going to show how new I am that day. I had to ask the local Chief with help on how my combo cover is supposed to fit. And I just finally figured out today a good way to do my hair the way I’m supposed to.
- I was about to cut off said hair to my chin just so I didn’t have to deal with putting it up the “proper” way, which I couldn’t figure out until today.
- This past weekend marked 3 months that Huzzy and I have been married.
- By the time I see him, we’ll have been apart 11 out of 18 weeks of our marriage. Most will say that it’s the Navy life, but he’s not on deployment. That will happen sometime this fall.
- I need to make a page on OPSEC (Operational Security) so people know why I can’t be more specific than “this fall.” I got the idea of doing a page like this from To the Nth. I hope she doesn’t mind me copying her idea.
- I am really craving some Olive Garden Soup, Salad and Breadsticks lunch. Huzzy and I need to save as much as we can since we are supporting two households (and I am working two jobs to do that). But he went out with friends to see Transformers last night and I think I should get something, too. Besides, that lunch won’t cost as much as the movie did.
- I really need to get my house finished and on the market. I’m glad my mom and brother are coming over this weekend to help. Too bad I have to work on Sunday, too.
- My mom is bringing over a twin mattress. WOO-HOO!!!! No more sleeping on couch cushions on the floor (though they are infinintely better than sleeping on an air mattress that can’t hold its air)!
- I need to start doing these things days in advance so they are already up and I don’t have to scramble around every Thursday morning to get my morning stuff done AND my TT.