All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
Today’s Mmm… Monday is one of my favorite Christmas cookies. Second favorite to Sour Cream Cookies (which I’ll post eventually). They are very quick and easy to make, but the coconut can make a mess. They are called Cathedral Cookies because the colored marshmallows make them look like stained glass windows.
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 stick of butter
10 oz of colored mini-marshmallows
1 cup of nuts (optional… and I don’t use them)
1 bag of coconut
- Melt and let cool the chocolate chips and butter. Don’t let cool to the
point of the chocolate hardening, just enough not to melt the marshmallows.
- Add the marshmallows and the optional nuts. Fold in.
- Spread coconut over wax paper.
- Spoon the mixture in a long line down the wax paper (about a foot long).
- Roll the wax paper around the mixture (like a log) It helps to tape it with butcher’s tape to keep it together until it cools.
- Place in refrigerator and let cool completely.
- Cut into pieces.
That’s it. And it’s oh-so-yummy!!