I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted one of these (thank God for auto-posting so I don’t have to actually do it on the day it posts!
This recipe was introduced to my family from one of my childhood friend’s moms. I can’t believe I totally forgot about it until my mom mentioned she was making it. So I’ve made it twice now in the last month… once as a dessert to go with a meal I made a friend’s family after she had surgery and then again for our FRG’s 4th of July BBQ.
It’s so yummy and kid-friendly… who wouldn’t love chocolate syrup drizzled on top of whipped cream! Come to think of it, it’s PMS-friendly too!
Cream Puff in a Pan
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 (4oz) packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 12 oz of whipped topping
- Chocolate syrup as a drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring water and margarine to a boil in a saucepan. Take off heat and immediately stir in flour.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Spread onto a greased 10 x 15 baking sheet.
- Bake until very lightly browned (about 25 minutes). Let cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth, add pudding and milk. Mix until blended, spread over cooled crust.
- Top with whipped topping, drizzle chocolate syrup over top. Ready to serve or refrigerate until ready. I put toothpicks in top to keep foil off the topping.
Notes: My mom has tried fat free topping and it is a little runny. I love “French Vanilla” pudding vs the regular vanilla.