The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?
Please check out this post… we are going to have some fun this holiday season!
I love learning more about my fellow MilSpouse bloggers. So I created a weekly meme. Each week, I’ll post a list of questions on Thursday (so you can have your blog ready on Friday). Come back here on Friday (like today!) and enter your blog post into Mr. Linky below so others know who else participated and we can all visit other blogs. Please leave a comment too! And please feel free to use the button above!
This week’s questions are:
1. What are some things on your bucket list? (from New Girl on Post)
Let’s see… I want to do a lot of things. Just a few include: visiting Scotland and Denmark, live abroad, have children and get my pilot’s license.
2. How long have you been a MilSpouse and where have you been stationed so far? (from Raising Roscoe)
Let’s see… I’ve been a MilSpouse for just over a year and a half. So far, we’ve been stationed in Kalamazoo, Michigan and Bangor, Washington.
3. What is a list of songs that sums up your life so far? (from Confessions of a Sailor’s Wife)
I have a long list, so I’ve spared you from putting them in YouTube form on this post. However, I do have links to them. Some of them are not the original videos (all are original songs, no covers) but I couldn’t find some of them.
- -Growing up in a rural farming community in Northern Michigan: Grandpa Tell Me ‘Bout the Good Ol’ Days by The Judds
- -Moving away to one of the wealthiest counties in Michigan when I was 15: Country Roads by John Denver
- -Going off to college and having a ball: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindi Lauper (bonus: awesome 80s clothing & flashbacks)
- -Losing my dad at age 22 to a heart attack: You Can Let Go Now, Daddy by Crystal Shawanda
- -Meeting Huzzy: You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney (Okay, he had me from Oxycontin, but that’s another story)
- -Dating Huzzy: Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks
- –Deciding to become an officer in the United States Navy Reserve: I’m Proud to Be An American by Lee Greenwood
- -Marrying the most wonderful man in the world: Lost in This Moment With You by Big & Rich
- -Going through our third deployment in 18 months (plus a 10 month stint living apart): I’m Already There by Lonestar
- -Our marriage so far: I Love the Way You Love Me by John Michael Montgomery
- -And finally… our future (which just happens to be our first dance song at our wedding): The Best Is Yet To Come by Frank Sinatra
4. What is your favorite kind of pizza?
Well, until I moved here, it was ham and pineapple. Now, it’s a chicken alfredo with sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts, thanks to Seabeck Pizza!
5. What are three good things in your life right now?
I asked this question this week because it seems like a lot of things aren’t going right for some of my friends. So I figured it’d be great to count our blessings. Three things going well for me right now are: (1) I’m living with Huzzy. Not right now, but when he gets back from his deployment, he’ll be coming home to… me. It’s so much better than living a country apart. (2) My family is healthy. (3) Even though money is EXTREMELY tight with me on unemployment, I have a roof over my head and food to eat.
Please don’t forget to add your blog link to Mr. Linky below by clicking on it. But also if you are not participating in MilSpouse Friday Fill-In this week, please do not put your link on there… I will remove it. It is unfair to others who do participate.