An empty belly is the best cook.
Here is an absolutely amazing ham recipe that I used for Thanksgiving last year. It is seriously amazing. And I’m not a ham fan!
– 1 uncooked ham (about 6 pounds)
– 1 can frozen orange juice, thawed
– 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
– 1/3 cup steak sauce (I use A1)
- Put the ham on foil–fat side up–in a large roasting pan.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour half the mixture over the ham.
- Loosely wrap the foil around the ham and bake at 325 for about three hours (30 min for each pound).
- About a half hour before the ham is done, remove from over and make criss-cross cuts in the ham and spoon the rest of the mixture over the ham.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for the last 30 minutes, making sure to baste several times.