Great food is like great sex. The more you have the more you want.
This recipe is awesome. It was originally a slow cooker recipe, but I did it as a baked stuffing last Thanksgiving and it was awesome. And I’m not really a stuffing fan.
– 1 cup butter
– 2 cups chopped onion
– 2 cups chopped celery
– 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
– 12oz sliced mushroom
– 12 cups dried bread cubes (I used sourdough, rye and a honey wheat mixed together)
– 1 tsp poultry seasoning
– 1 1/2 tsp dried sage
– 1 tsp thyme
– 1 tsp dried marjoram
– 1 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
– 2 eggs, beaten
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in butter, stirring frequently.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl. Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper. Pour in broth and mix in eggs. Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish or other large casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.