Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.
This recipe is so absolutely freakin’ amazing. I am not sure I will ever bake a straight pumpkin pie again. It has the taste of a pumpkin pie with a slight sweetness of cream cheese in it. And for those who may not like the strong flavor of pumpkin pie… it really cuts it down (without losing that special thing that pumpkin pies have). It’s a Betty Crocker recipe.
– Refrigerated pie crust (or make your own)
– 1 cup sugar
– 3 tablespoons flour
– 1 8oz package, plus 3oz of cream cheese, softened
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger
– 1/4 tsp ground cloves
– 3 eggs
– 1 can (15oz) pure pumpkin (don’t use pumpkin pie mix)
– 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. Bake about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup in small bowl. Add remaining ingredients except milk to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture. Spoon over pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with knife in S-shaped curves.
- Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.