It is the flag just as much of the man who was naturalized yesterday as of the men whose people have been here many generations.
~Henry Cabot Lodge
(please feel free to use this!)
I love learning more about my fellow MilSpouse bloggers. So I created a weekly meme, which has now morphed into a monthly meme. This happens the first Friday of every month. To do this, I’ll post a list of questions the day before (on Thursday so you can have your blog ready on Friday). Come back here on Friday (like today!) and enter your blog post into Mr. Linky below so others know who else participated and we can all visit other blogs. Please leave a comment too! And please feel free to use the button above!
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?
I couldn’t change the miscarriage, so I guess I’d change… hmm. There were a few times I could have been more patient with Huzzy. Other than that, I wouldn’t change anything that I have control of.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in May?
Huzzy went on shore duty for 30 days! We bought all new floors! We bought a couch (that isn’t here yet). LOL It was an expensive 30 days.
3. June includes the first day of summer… what are your plans for the summer?
Well, right now I am going to be traveling about six weeks out of the summer. Two for the Navy Reserves and four for my Navy civilian job! Other than that… yeah, not too many plans.
4. Do you use the services on base (gym, financial planning, family services, daycare)? And if so, what’s your favorite one? (thanks to Shanon at Modern Meets Traditional for this question!)
I would like to start using the gym, but I’m still having to work out at home with my shoulder injury. I have used family services (called Fleet and Family Support Center in the Navy) and it’s absolutely awesome! They help with SO many things from job searches to house hunting help to learning about the area and financial counseling. LOVE FFSC!
5. What are you looking forward to in June?
Sure isn’t my 30th birthday! Hmm… I’m looking forward to hopefully warmer weather that will be in the 70s every day.