It’s been a while since I did an Mmm… Monday recipe. This week I’ve decided to feature a recipe that has quickly become a favorite. There’s not really a hard-set recipe for this, so I’ll just explain what I did the last time-ish…. ish because it’s not measured.
- Frozen chicken breasts/strips.. about 2 pounds
- Small amount of chicken broth (maybe 1/4 cup)
- 8oz package of cream cheese
- Your favorite salsa
- Your favorite tortillas (large are best)
1. Put the chicken breasts in your crockpot.
2. Add a little bit of chicken broth… not too much as it’ll make it too soupy. If you don’t have chicken broth, you could probably skip it or just add a little bit of water.
3. Add a bit of salsa on top.
4. Cook on low for 10 or so hours.
5. When finished, add block of cream cheese and stir in until mixed together.
6. Spoon into tortillas and fold sides in and roll to seal closed.
7. Place enchiladas on a baking sheet, edges down, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
8. Flip the enchilada and bake on opposite side for 7-10 minutes.
9. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Note: These are great to freeze after baking so they can be easily used as quick meals later.